Finance & Corporate Services AssistantVacancy posted: Monday, 13 February 2017
Salary: £22,864 - £25,410
Closing date: 07 March 2017
Finance & Corporate Services Assistant
Wellhouse: the Place to Be
Salary: £22,864 - £25,410
Closing date: Tuesday 7th March 2017
Wellhouse Housing Association owns and manages 798 properties, plus 52 factored owners, of mixed stock type. We wish to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic Finance & Corporate Services Assistant to join our Finance & Corporate Team at our offices in the Greater Easterhouse area of Glasgow.
Wellhouse core values are inherent in everything we do. These values are:
Operating within a strong performance culture, the successful applicant will be expected to deliver excellent performance results. You will play a key role, at the heart of our organisation; our excellent, robust finance team supports all of our services.
You will be naturally customer focussed, and have a can do attitude to ensure that all our staff, contractors & customers’ experience of service remains positive.
The successful applicant will:
• Deliver continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and business performance
• Ensure effective communication with staff, customers and partners
• Work with important partners to ensure robust budgetary management
• Support the finance team and the Director as required
• Maintain company databases
• Communicate with customers, staff and partners
• Support corporate functions (e.g. IT and HR administration)
• Support and develop other consultative and representative forums including social media
• Comply with and implement all our policies and procedures
• Act ethically and with integrity, taking account of the employee code of conduct
The main requirements for this role are:
• Previous experience in a corporate support role
• Excellent communication and development skills
• A customer centred approach, flexible, confident and assertive manner
• A methodical and flexible approach to organising and prioritising a varied workload
• The ability to meet demanding personal and team targets and deadlines
• The ability to form effective working relationships with staff members, committee and customers
• The ability to work well as part of a team, working and liaising with colleagues in a friendly and supportive manner
• Excellent computer literacy and numeracy skills
Other desirable qualities include:
• Experience of working in a finance role in a housing provider or similar
• Experience of working in a community controlled organisation
• Experience of using SDM
• A full driving license and access to your own car
• The flexibility to work out-with office hours e.g. attend evening meetings (*TOIL will be given for all out of office meetings)
In return, we offer an excellent package including a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus 15 public holidays.
Wellhouse Housing Association is an Equal Opportunities employer and we make appointments on merit. We welcome applications from applicants regardless of their gender, ethnic group, religious or political beliefs, marital status, age and sexual orientation, or who have disabilities.
The closing date for the applications is Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 12 noon. Interviews are likely to take place week beginning 13th March 2017.
Informal enquiries are welcome: contact Martin Wilkie-McFarlane (Director) on .
About Wellhouse Housing Association
Wellhouse Housing Association owns and manages 798 properties, plus 52 factored owners, of mixed stock type. We wish to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Finance Manager to join our Management Team at our offices in the Greater Easterhouse area of Glasgow.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist