Finance Manager AccountantVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: £36,0000 - £45,000
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our senior management team in Hamilton. If you are a qualified accountant with a high level of technical accounting knowledge and capability our Finance Manager role may be for you.
As a Finance Manager you will provide financial expertise and support for Portakabin (Scotland) Ltd, part of the Portakabin Group. You will ensure that the company operates effectively and correctly within the controls and guidelines set by the Portakabin Group.
As part of our senior management team in Scotland, you will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have proven leadership skills.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Exposure to different companies management reporting.
- Management accounting experience.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
Desirable but not essential:
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience of statutory reporting and budgeting.
- Experience of working with SAP.
About the role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Provide support to the Management team within the Division, analysing and interpreting the accounts and ensuring there is full understanding of the financial implications of decisions and issues affecting their business area.
- To ensure good communication with the wider Finance Department, sharing and using knowledge for the best interests of the Division and the overall Portakabin Group.
- To acquire and display a thorough understanding of the business, making management information an integral part of the business to ensure reported information provides a sound base for decision making.
- To ensure that the Division complies with all accounting policies of the Portakabin Group and make certain that accounting issues specific to the Division are properly recognised and resolved.
- To ensure that the systems of control and reporting provide relevant, timely and accurate management information and be involved in cross company initiatives to continually improve and develop them.
- To exert influence over decisions affecting the cash flow, profitability and long term sustainability of the business.
- To prepare monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, ensuring that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee timeliness and accuracy of information.
- To prepare monthly profit and cash flow forecasts ensuring a full understanding of the variances is demonstrated and the highlighting of key risks and issues.
- To co-ordinate and drive the annual budget process for the Division ensuring all necessary reports are completed and deadlines met and a thorough budget is prepared.
- To prepare the annual statutory financial accounts and support the annual audit process and liaise with the external auditors where necessary.
- To provide support and assistance to the Financial Controller as required.
- To provide effective leadership to your department, managing the development of your staff where appropriate in providing training and carrying out annual performance appraisals.
The salary for this position ranges from £36,000 to £45,000 dependent on skills and experience plus a discretionary bonus of 10% for on target performance. Private medical insurance will be provided.
We offer a wide range of other benefits including a competitive pension scheme, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
With more than 50 years' experience supplying customers in every sector, from education and commerce to manufacturing and healthcare, Portakabin Scotland has a wide range of quality solutions that are backed by our unique customer service guarantee.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application - from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors' site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist