Service Charge Accountant FTC - REASVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Closing date: 14 November 2016
CBRE are looking for a number of Service Charge Accountants for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract position. In this role, you will be working in the Real Estate Accounting Services team and will be responsible for a range of service charge work across a varied client property portfolio.
• Responsible for closing off annual service charge reconciliation across a variety of assets in line with RICS guidelines and agreed SLAs, specifically:
• Reviewing expenditure to ensure it has been coded correctly in line with budget
• Calculating, recommending and posting accruals and prepayments
• Reviewing income demanded within the year and ensuring all tenants correctly billed
• Raising ad-hoc charges to tenants
• Preparing closure packs and letters
• Responsible for closing off annual property budgets per RICS guidelines and agreed SLA’s:
• Checking budgets prepared by the Facilities and Property Management Teams
• Validating the information input onto the property system
• Reviewing tenant apportionments to ensure on accounts billed correctly
• Raising ad-hoc charges in line with budgets
• Responsible for reconciliation of clients’ service charge cash/funds and ensuring cash is paid over to clients in line with agreed procedures
• Attend client/internal meetings
• Professional approach at all times when liaising with all internal and external contacts, ensuring client service is delivered and maintaining the CBRE RISE principles
• Liaising with various internal (Facilities Managers, Property Managers, Accounts Payable) and external (tenants, auditors, clients) stakeholders in order to achieve the role responsibilities
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
• Used to working in a business culture that promotes adherence to procedures and controls.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail producing accurate results
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
• Flexible approach to work
• Prepared to travel as required
• Good working knowledge (Word, Excel, MS Outlook) and Property Management systems would be advantageous.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• A working knowledge and understanding of a trial balance is preferable
|Contact Name||Chantal Labode|
|Telephone||0207 182 3914|
|Address||CBRE, Henrietta House, London W1G 0NB|
CBRE is the world's premier, full-service real estate services company. An industry leader in virtually all of the key global business centres, we apply insight, experience, intelligence and resources to help clients make informed business decisions.
As part of CBRE UK Asset Services, our Real Estate Accounting Services (REAS) team provide high-quality accounting services to around 5,000 UK properties that we manage on behalf of our clients.
Based in Glasgow, the team consists of 160 highly talented individuals who work closely with our property and facility managers, covering accounts receivable and payable, cash management, and property and corporate accounting.
At CBRE, we provide a dynamic working environment that actively develops and supports our people, both technically and professionally.
CBRE is the world's leading commercial real estate services firm, employing over 70,000 people globally, across 500 office and 60 countries. The Company's core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management and investment management.Company profile View all jobs with CBRE
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist