Accounts Assistant (1 year fixed term)Vacancy posted: Friday, 17 February 2017
Salary: £25000 per annum + Benefits
Closing date: 03 March 2017
Job ref. no.: HB/Req/034269
My client, a global defence contractor, are looking for a Accounts Assistant, for a 12 month fixed term contract, in Helensburgh.
This role will support the Finance Team to deliver multiple deliverables across the accounting and financial control disciplines.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Financial Accountant in the management of the balance sheet items
- Management of AP balances including liaising with the UK Accounts Payable team
- Perform credit control duties to ensure cash is converted timely.
- Perform periodic asset audits as per the Assets Management process.
- Day to day management of cheque book and perform periodic cheque audits as per internal process.
- Support CAAS and Statutory audits including sampling support
- First POC for all timesheet queries and processing.
- Support month end activities including reporting.
- Monthly analysis of payroll and staff related costs.
- Processing manual overtime payments
- Other Adhoc support
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Ideally you will already have SC Clearance
- AAT qualified or part qualified or other similar qualification
- Experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications is essential, specifically excel.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills essential.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience and understanding of accounting principles.
- Understanding of AP function
- Experience of working in a SOX Compliance environment would be useful
- SAP experience or other ERP systems
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment business in regard to this advert.
|Contact Name||Hazel Bates|
|Telephone||0131 333 1555|
|Address||Recruitment Zone Ltd
88 Glasgow Road
About RZ Group
We provide organisations with a range of recruitment service offerings covering permanent, contract, temporary and fixed term staff on a worldwide basis.
Our success is built on delivering thoroughly professional, added value recruitment services to clients and candidates alike.
From concept in January 1998, RZ Group now has a turnover of Ã£40 million and operates on a preferred recruitment supplier basis to many of the world's largest employers.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist