Assistant Cost AccountantVacancy posted: Friday, 3 February 2017
Salary: úCompetitive, DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part qualified Assistant Cost Accountant to join the Finance team at our manufacturing facility in Livingston, West Lothian. If you have experience of costing within the manufacturing sector then we would love to hear from you.
Working alongside the Cost Accountant the main responsibilities of the successful candidate will include;
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of costing system
- Ensure new models are implemented with correct standard costs in system
- Monthly profit & variance analysis including investigating variances and suggesting improvements
- Ensure all bills of materials are free from errors and procedures are followed correctly
- Ensure accurate and timely stock reporting
- Cost reduction reporting
Some of the Key tasks:
- To assist in the preparation of manufacturing costs based on the financial year plan
- To ensure that stock is reconciled between the Inventory management reports and General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- To ensure all stock provisions are accurately recorded and released as necessary
- To ensure company procedures are adhered to in the physical scrapping of stock by Stores Department
- To maintain Finance Department ISO quality manual
- To assist the Cost accountant in the day to day running of the Costing Section
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to have costing and variance analysis reporting experience. You should be working towards the relevant CIMA qualification and have reached management level.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Mitsubishi Electric is only accepting applications for this position from candidates who apply directly through S1jobs.
|Contact Name||Ann McCaffrey|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist