Assistant AccountantVacancy posted: Thursday, 9 March 2017
Job ref. no.: 1990
Robertson is one of the largest independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies in the UK. We have reached our 50th year of trading in better shape than ever, with a strong confirmed order book, diverse income streams and a dedicated, expert workforce.
Covering the entire built environment lifecycle, we operate throughout the UK, with offices across Scotland and the North and Midlands of England.
Robertson comprises 21 businesses, directly employing over 2000 people. A strong entrepreneurial culture – built on the foundations of innovation, productivity and sustainability – permeates the group.
Although we encompass a variety of separate businesses and capabilities, we are one group with a common goal: working together to transform communities.
This role will be working for Robertson Construction Scotland based at Stirling.
Key responsibilities are the day-to day operation of the Stirling-based RCG Finance function and preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Credit Control
- Month-end accruals and prepayments
- “Period-ending” all accounting ledgers as necessary
- Preparation of key control account reconciliations each week month
- Preparation of monthly management information for the Financial Controllers of Construction England and Central Scotland & Civils to tight deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with all internal controls & procedures (e.g. authority limit adherence / purchase invoice matching etc)
- Advanced stage of studying for an ACMA / ACCA qualification
- Experience of working in a supervisory capacity
- Accounts preparation within a medium sized Construction company Accounts department
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Mentor or COINS software is desirable, but not essential
The working hours for this role are 38.75 hours per week
Robertson Group are an equal opportunities employer
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist