Business Analyst – Financial ControlsVacancy posted: Thursday, 2 February 2017
Trainline is an innovative web based travel business focused on helping its customers make smarter journeys every day, saving them money and hassle. Our website is the one of the largest e-commerce sites and 3rd most downloaded travel app in the UK. Today, we have 5.5 million active customers generating 27 million visits per month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique.
The Finance Implementation Controls team aim to build financial controls that are automated, flexible, sleek and scalable, but in a constantly changing environment (that’s the fun bit, right?), quickly resolving issues, and supplying financial information for teams in finance and the wider business. As Business Analyst, you’ll play an important role identifying, analysing and resolving any issues associated with payment and settlement, and supporting ongoing maintenance of reports built by the team. Other key responsibilities include:
- Investigating potential issues, ensuring the impacts are fully understood and communicated in a timely and professional manner
- Tracking and supporting the resolution of issues, ensuring they are resolved in the appropriate timescales and taking steps to mitigate the impact to internal and external customers
- Continually reviewing and developing monitoring tools to ensure they continue to be relevant and efficient in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Developing quality reports and BI for internal customers
- Keeping up to date with company processes, especially around escalating issues for resolution
- Being a recognised expert for financial and industry data
Knowledge & Experience
We’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos to achieve our ambitious plans. Most importantly, you’ll be an experienced SQL expert with a resourceful, proactive and analytical mind set. We are looking for someone who is able to build relationships across the business, especially within Operations, Product Development and Finance. Other key experience we’re looking for includes:
- Knowledge of BI reporting or dashboard tools, ideally Business Objects
- Experience working in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, resilient and calm under pressure
- An accountancy, project management (ideally Agile), or business analyst qualification
- An ability to explain complex bespoke processes in simple non-technical terms
- Highly proficient user of MS Office software packages, especially Excel
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and bank holiday cover as required
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Communications Coordinator – Social MediaEdinburgh Zoo and The Highland Wildlife Park, edinburgh
- HOME-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR – Global ProviderSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
- Relief Cook, SchoolsOrkney Islands Council, orkney-islands
- Customer Service Advisor - RAC Home Based Sensee, can-be-based-anywhere
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist