Senior Financial Analyst (Financial Planning & Strategy)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 per annum, 18% pension, 40 days holiday per annum
Job ref. no.: UK750334
Well respected household name, which offers an unrivalled culture around work life balance, currently has a rare and highly sought after opening in which you will be given the opportunity to provide input and advice around the strategic direction of the company. To be considered for this opportunity, you will have exceptional financial rigour with a strong background in financial analysis and will come from a role where you will have had exposure to financial decision support.
- To play a leading role in providing a comprehensive, effective and efficient management accounting service to the business;
- To provide high quality technical support to the Head of Finance through insightful analysis and issue resolution.
- To provide decision-making support to SMT to deliver on financial targets
- To support qualitative decision-making on business development opportunities to ensure only those with sound business cases are progressed and measuring delivery against plans.
- To support and develop enhanced communication across the business, ensuring accurate, timely, relevant and reliable information allowing delivery of a customer service focus.
- To continuously improve processes and procedures to support efficient and effective operations within a strong internal control environment.
Budgetary Control and Reporting
- Accountable for accuracy and quality of monthly financial performance through a robust review process including high quality analytical insight and commentary.
- Liaise with budget holders within the business to take corrective action on budget variances.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts ensuring that the process is continually improved in terms of data quality and analytical insight.
- Preparation of the annual budgets ensuring the process is robust including the provision of high quality analytical insight.
Strategic financial management and business development
- Providing both support and challenge in the development and review of business case proposals and applying sensitivity analysis to the inherent risks and opportunities.
- Ensure post completion review is completed for approved business cases with recommended recovery plans to management in the event of under performance.
- Robust analytical review of core income streams with recommendations on maximising further financial return.
- Monitoring and development of internal control system to ensure finances are well controlled.
- Work with the central Finance Office to ensure internal controls operate on the preferred corporate system and process.
- Work with the Head of Finance to establish an effective risk management framework across the business.
Process Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Optimise the service the finance function provides to the business, eliminating duplication of effort
- Develop a close partnership with the Group Finance to ensure transactional support is delivered in a controlled, effective and efficient manner preferred
- Attend meetings as required and deputise for the Head of Finance.
- Provide information as required under Freedom of Information Requests.
- Provide high quality and specialist advice & guidance on financial information and company policy.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Laura Montgomery|
|Telephone||0141 227 9105|
|Address||Hudson Global Resources
130 St Vincent Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist