Assistant Controller - VR/14992Vacancy posted: Friday, 20 January 2017
Salary: úCommensurate with experience
Job ref. no.: VR/14992 (17)
Excellent contract opportunity for an Assistant Controller for an ongoing period. Role will be to support Europe and Africa in providing accurate financial reporting, maintaining accurate balance sheet accounts and reconciliations; ensuring compliance with relevant accounting policies and procedures. Strong preference for a fully qualified Accountant with oil and gas industry experience. This role will involve significant travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the provision of accurate and timely management accounting requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate legal entity books and records.
- Assisting with preparation, completion and filing of multiple jurisdiction statutory financial statements.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Tax Department, ensuring company’s compliance with tax legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal control procedures and the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Timely coordination and management of corporate external and internal audit deliverables.
- Assisting in annual budget preparation and regular forecasting.
- Assisting with the supervision of the accounts receivable function and the monitoring of DSO.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or another relevant discipline.
- Accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, RA, CPA, CIMA (or equivalent) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Significant experience in statutory financial statement preparation and filing requirements preferred.
- Expertise with US GAAP, UK GAAP and/or IFRS-based accrual accounting principles.
- European VAT exposure preferred.
- Pension accounting experience advantageous.
- Proficient in financial accounting and Microsoft Office Suite software. SAP & Hyperion preferred.
|Address||Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
38 Albyn Place
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms:
: Accountancy & Finance
: Business Development & Sales
: Legal & Contracts
: Human Resources
: Office Personnel
: Professional Trades
: Supply Chain
Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge.
Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments.
Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation.
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Operations AssistantOffice Angels, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist