Management AccountantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 911143
911143 - Management Accountant
Our client offers a range of recycling solutions and waste management services in the Highlands.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Management Accountant, based in Alness, Highlands.
- Our client has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to take ownership of the accounting function, delivering accurate and timely results whilst working in a varied and challenging environment, covering all aspects of the business.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities.
- Prepare and review accounting entries.
- Evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy
- Provide cover for team members during times of absence
- Perform and review balance sheet account reconciliations, including general ledger accounts and sub ledger accounts. Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Perform variance analysis including current-to-prior month/quarter/year fluctuations.
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Preparation and submission of government and other agency returns, including but not limited to VAT returns and government statistics returns.
- Complete one off projects as requested.
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will be a high calibre individual qualified to CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Responsible for managing a small team ensuring billing is issued accurately and timelessly, generating quarterly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, cash flow management, and annual Statutory Accounts.
- The candidate will shape and mould your team to meet the requirements of the business, supporting all disciplines, including purchase ledger, banking, billing, credit control, vat and payroll.
- CA, ACCA, or CIMA with a moderate years post qualifying experience
- Good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- Experienced and accurate in processing and maintaining entries in sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
- High interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911143.
|Contact Name||Pauline Neale|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist