Finance Manager - Middle EastVacancy posted: Monday, 6 February 2017
Salary: £ - Depending on Experience
Aviat Networks UK has an immediate need for a Finance Manager for Middle East to join the team in Hamilton Technology Park, Blantyre.
The Finance Manager - ME will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of Aviat entities in the Middle East and will report directly to the Finance Director for EMEA and APAC.
Typical work areas include but are not limited to:
1) ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING:
- Clear understanding of local law and regulations of each of the entities.
- Able to build relationship with External Service Providers in the Middle East to work on increased compliance and timely filing of all local required filings.
- Monthly closing and reporting following a strict calendar:
- Recording invoices and expense reports in Oracle AP.
- Recording bank transactions in Oracle Cash Management.
- Prepare payment batches in Oracle AP.
- Recording Fixed Assets addition, depreciation and corrections
- Support local invoicing process in Oracle AR.
- Intercompany reconciliation and foreign exchange rate variance calculations.
- Accruals: calculation, booking and reconciliation, incl. review of the project accruals, prepared by the project accountant in other locations.
- Prepayments: calculation, booking and reconciliation
- Payroll entries, payroll clearing accounts other payroll related accounts.
- Maintenance of all account reconciliations.
- Work closely with the project accountant in other locations to secure accurate project accounting, incl. cost and revenue recognition.
- For some locations: maintain separate local books and work with External Service Providers to guarantee high quality of these books.
- Pro-actively address potential issues and discuss these with the External Service Providers (auditors, accountants and tax advisors).
- Review and maintain compliance to internal PO procedure & local compliance (e.g. VAT/GST) and subsequent Payment of invoices (or circle back to requester).
- Full Review (policy compliance, incl. local requirements) and subsequent payments of expense.
- Reports and communication to employees on status of expenses.
- Review and planning of and payments for salary, pensions, taxes and social security premiums and related.
- Periodic check if invoices were received for critical services (utilities, (cell / office), phones, tax / social securities).
- Weekly cash-flow planning and reporting.
- Communication with Bank, External Service Providers, Auditors, internal and external customers.
- Maintain contacts with External Service Providers to ensure full understanding of (changes in) local rules and regulations as well understanding of global rules and regulations.
- Maintain calendar with deadlines for all filings per country and own these deadlines.
- Monthly/quarterly VAT/GST returns and other similar local returns.
- Monthly/quarterly wage tax return.
- Provide External Service Providers with the necessary information for the corporate income tax return and any other filings.
- All other applicable taxes and required filings.
- Support local Tax audits.
- Maintain and improve Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Review payroll output from External Service Providers.
- Review the payroll journal entries and maintain liability accruals related to payroll.
- Review accuracy of local offer letters (tax, other) of new employees.
- Understanding of the taxation of Options and Share programs.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Accountant will work independently with External Service Providers abroad and work closely with the Aviat team in Hamilton, local Middle East staff and other Aviat staff in other locations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 5 years minimum experience in similar companies.
- Full or part qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Preferable experience with changing accounting and reporting setup to improve the local compliance.
- Familiarity with Oracle R12 would be an advantage.
- Language – Arabic (Mandatory) and English.
- The candidate must be familiar with Middle East accounting rules and principles as well as having a broader understanding of international standards.
- Incidental travel to the Middle East is required.
If you would like to work for Aviat Networks, click apply now, attaching a copy of your CV and your salary expectation.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Financial ManagerKent Foods, renfrew
- Management Accountant - Fixed Term ContractDrimsynie Estate, glasgow
- Assistant Cost AccountantMitsubishi Electric, livingston
- Finance ManagerSearch Consultancy, stirling-(town)
- OFFICE MANAGER/ADMINISTRATORDecorall (Painting & Decorating Contractors) Limited, east-kilbride
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist