FINANCIAL CONTROLLERVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + BENEFITS
Closing date: 26 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 6772560
Reed's client is currently looking for a Financial Controller for an exciting permanent position. This is an excellent opportunity with excellent benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to be involved with the following:
- Contributing to the overall business in the creation and delivery of Strategy, Policies and Objectives, Forecasting and Operating Plans
- Ensuring the Leadership and Senior Management Team is kept abreast of the financial position of the business and highlighting key areas of concern
- Coordinating the company's banking and external funding process so as to optimise availability at minimal cost
- Producing and managing weekly cash flow reports
- Working with Managers and Directors to develop and deliver the operating forecasts and plans and ensuring each department is keeping in line with their budgetary requirements
- Managing the financial auditing of the business as a whole and ensuring company accounts are delivered in a timely manner in line with all legal requirements.
- Producing the statutory Annual Report
- Supporting the Company secretary
- Managing direct and indirect taxes, relationship with HMRC, delivering forms and any tax applications
- Carrying out debt recovery
- Managing the Finance Team, delivering appropriate working structures to maintain continuous improvement and deliver a service focused high performance team
- Developing strong relationships and networks with competitors, customers, suppliers, banks and financial service providers, the shareholders, colleagues and the local community
You will be skilled and/or qualified in the following areas:
- ACCA, CIMA or CA qualified
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing background and in management accounting
- Knowledge of dealing with Banks, tax matters, statutory accounts and cash flow are all essential as is product costing in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills with a hands on approach
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, but IFRS is not essential
- A leader who can motivate, inspire, who is not desk bound but willing to interact in meetings, projects, and other activities essential to understand the business
WHY WORK HERE?
- Working within a position of influence within an expanding business
- Hands-on role with a full insight into the business
- The opportunity to make the role your own
- Competitive benefits package
Should this role be of interest please apply by attaching your most up to date CV. Alternatively please contact James Bakewell on 0131 226 3686 or for a confidential discussion.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
|Contact Name||James Bakewell|
|Telephone||0131 226 3686|
About Reed Finance
Reed has over forty years of recruitment experience which is why Reed Finance is a name you can trust. Reed Finance currently secures placements for over 350 qualified accountants every month. We are delighted to offer you a dedicated approach that meets the needs of senior finance professionals.
Whether you're looking for an immediate move, or simply interested in finding out more about the current market place, please contact Reed Finance in complete confidence, with no obligation.
Welcome to Reed Specialist Recruitment, specialist provider of contract, permanent, temporary and outsources recruitment solutions across Scotland and the greater UK. With offices located throughout Scotland, we are fully equipped to source the right talent to suit your requirements across over 17 different specialismsCompany profile View all jobs with Reed Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist