Group AccountantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Closing date: 15 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 78984
GROUP ACCOUNTANT (£55,000 - £60,000) - EDINBURGH
Change Recruitment Group are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading professional services firm here in Edinburgh. A market leader within their field, with a global presence which has grown considerably over the last 5 years. The business has gone through a period of positive restructure that now see’s an experienced Group Accountant being required, who will basically play the role of 2nd in command within their Edinburgh based finance function.
You will lead on the following key objectives:
· Own the Group consolidation across both local and overseas business units
· Ensure monthly reporting deadlines are met across the Group
· Preparation of Group consolidated financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP
· Deliver the annual budget setting process together with regular forecasting
· Budgeting and reporting of overheads
· Liaise with overseas finance teams
In addition to delivering the numbers across the Group, there will also be a considerable commercial element to the role that will see the successful individual work closely with international teams, driving cost control and delivering on key projects. As the business continues to evolve in line with global demands placed on the business, you will be expected to bring a fresh pair of eyes in the delivery and streamlining of reporting policies and procedures across the Group.
You will meet the following criteria:
· Hold a recognised accounting qualification (essential)
· Big 4 qualified (desirable)
· Mixture of both commercial and practice experience (essential)
· Previous Group exposure (essential)
· Extensive UK GAAP experience (essential)
· Strong technical experience (essential)
· Previous international exposure (desirable)
· Operated within a professional services environment (desirable)
· Demonstrate strong leadership qualities (essential)
Our client has made it clear that they are looking for a ‘top performer’ who’ll come with an impressive track record across academic and career achievements to date. The role will be seen as high profile within the business both here in the UK and abroad, with daily interaction with ‘Senior Heads Of’ across the Group. As such, we’re looking for a confident, effective communicator who will be comfortable operating in an ever changing fast paced environment. This is a newly created role so we’re looking for someone that will not only come in and hit the ground running but will really make the role their own.
An attractive package has been placed against the role that will be further enhanced on delivery of the key objectives outlined above.
Interviews have been scheduled for the week commencing 26th Sep and 3rd October.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please drop me your CV / application at the earliest opportunity
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist