Financial AccountantVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Closing date: 05 October 2016
Are you immediately available for a full time 6 month role based at Girlguiding Scotland's Headquarters in Edinburgh's West End? We are looking for an experienced part or fully qualified accountant who will support the Head of Business Management & Finance by taking responsibility for financial reporting and a review of our existing finance systems. You will need to have an eye for detail and accuracy, be approachable and able to articulate financial matters both oral and written to a wide range of people.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and commentary
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns under a partial exemption scheme special method
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with the Charities SORP and liaise with the auditors
- Prepare financial data for inclusion in monitoring returns for external funders and provide support with funding applications
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets
- Review existing accounting software, research and make recommendations for upgrade or replacement
- Review and update financial procedures
- Undertake additional project work as requested
Further information about the role and person specification can be found in the application information pack.
Girlguiding Scotland is a charity registered in Scotland SC005548
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist