Assistant AccountantVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: £23000 - £30000 per annum
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 13790531/001
The key focus for this role in the short term will be to provide strong finance support to a growing UK business with an emphasis on providing strong support completing month end reporting and developing and maintaining rigorous control of the invoicing and procurement processes.
Renewable energy firm which develops, constructs and operates projects across the globe and develops and supplies power generation and associated equipment.
The roles and responsibilities of the assistant accountant
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts
- Prepare month end accruals, prepayments and selected balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain and update loan schedules
- Maintain and update fixed asset records
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasting
- Ad-hoc management reporting requests
- Contribute to the review and improvement of financial processes and procedures.
- Preparation of year end schedules and full support to year end auditors
- Procurement and invoicing
- Process all supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Obtain invoice authorisation
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT on expense invoices.
- Set-up and maintain supplier accounts
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences.
- Deal with supplier account queries and resolve issues promptly
- Prepare and manage to closure purchase orders
- Maintain soft copy invoice folders
- Prepare payment proposals.
- Review and update monthly time sheet reports.
- Administer the Oracle expenses system.
- Work as part of the global Finance Team, proactively providing ideas for improvement to processes and systems across the group, and providing support to other members of the Finance Team as required.
- Agree with the Head of Financial Control - UK the main goals and measures against which performance will be assessed, keeping objectives under continuous review as updating as necessary.
A successful assistant accountant will possess the following
- Knowledge of financial systems (Sage and Oracle)
- Excellent communication ability (both verbal and written)
- An aptitude for problem solving when working with financial systems
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Change Management / Adaptability
- Organising Work
- Professional Expertise
Full time permanent opportunity as assistant accountant working within utilities sector in Edinburgh City Centre
|Contact Name||Calum Walker|
|Telephone||+44 131 243 2956|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist