BayWa r.e. is a global renewable energy company with interests in wind, solar PV, biogas and solar PV panel trading, as well as related sectors.
We employ over 1,000 people worldwide, with offices in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Austria and the USA.
We have been building our presence in the UK steadily since 2010, and to date have built over 100MW of onshore wind and 280MW of solar projects while also acquiring a leading solar PV wholesaler.
As a result of this continued growth, we are looking to recruit an Asset Manager to support the ongoing financial management of solar and wind farms in the UK.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
• The day-to-day financial management of the assets, including ensuring liabilities met as fall due, VAT recording and reporting, performance of financial controls, and ensuring revenue received promptly under terms of power purchase agreement
• Stakeholder management and reporting, including provision of, and discussion of, regular management accounts, budgets, cash-flows, and forecasts to external owners of external stakeholders
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and year end statutory accounts
• Liaising with external auditors to manage and assist the audit requirements of the solar and wind assets under management
• Working with project managers in Germany and local team in Edinburgh to establish processes to ensure good management of existing assets and the smooth handover of new assets
The main requirements for this role are:
• Experience of working in a finance/asset management team
• Experience of accounting software used for SME, in particular SAGE Line 50
• Experience of financial controls and VAT reporting
• Experience of preparing year end statutory accounts
• Experience of reviewing and considering tax computations
Required personal qualities include:
• Comfortable reviewing and working with contracts
• Familiarity preparing / reviewing month end and year end journals
• Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
• A collaborative working style, strong, persuasive communication skills
• A Flexible skill-set and enthusiasm for a varied role
• Stat pension optional
- Discretionary bonus
• Centrally located office – convenient for public transport
To be considered for this role, please send your CV with your covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist