Financial AccountantVacancy posted: Monday, 13 February 2017
Salary: £30,000 - £33,500 plus benefits
Job ref. no.: UK754645
Hudson’s client is an Edinburgh based retail bank but with operations throughout Europe. The business is growing and currently there is a requirement for a Financial Accountant for an initial period of 12 months.
The role sits within the Statutory Reporting team who are responsible for the production of the group annual report and accounts, statutory and FINREP reporting, and for the statutory results reported to the Bank’s Parent Company. The team also provide technical accounting analysis and advice on debt issuances and other relevant transactions.
The role holder will contribute to the statutory reporting team as follows:
- Participate in the delivery of all required financial information to the Bank’s Parent Company
- Participate in the delivery of the Bank’s statutory financial and FINREP reporting including year end, half year and quarterly reports
- Assist in the update and issue of quarterly statutory reporting packs and instructions
- Administer the monthly and quarterly attestation and submission process in support of reporting
- Using knowledge and experience, promptly identify potential problems within statutory reporting process and ensure escalation where appropriate
- Assist Statutory Reporting manager by delivering small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on larger projects to improve support to the business
- Engagement with the Bank’s Migration project on an SME basis as required
- Assist the smooth operation of the financial consolidation model demonstrating a controlled position at each quarter end including;
- preparing data for detailed statutory disclosures and internal insight and analysis
- performing reconciliations and reviews as required for quality control and assurance purposes
- Assist in the deliver an ongoing programme of communication and training across the Finance Community keeping abreast of industry developments
- Ideally a qualified accountant but may be working towards qualification or have equivalent relevant practical experience
- Knowledge of statutory reporting and of IFRS
- An understanding of financial consolidation and reporting processes
- Ability to analyse accounting issues, and advise on queries in respect of statutory ledger bookings and reporting presentation
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Graeme Bruce in our Edinburgh office.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Graeme Bruce|
|Telephone||0131 555 9859|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist