Management Accounting Technician - Maternity CoverVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Closing date: 16 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 65206
Management Accounting Technician - Maternity Cover
Job Ref: 65206
£25,000 - £28,000
Closing date:16th January 2017
The UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL) sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application. One of the top three National Measurement Institutes (NMIs) in the world, we now have a regional presence and strategic relationships with Surrey and Strathclyde Universities. Our expertise and original research have benefited UK citizens and the UK economy for over a century.
Fixed Term Contract to February 2018
NPL’s Finance department consists of a management accounts team, planning team, systems change team and accounts payable and accounts receivable team. The Management Accounting Technician role sits within the Management Accounts team of 15 staff and reports into either an Assistant Finance Manager or the Finance Manager depending on the areas of support involved.
• Assist with the month end processes including journals, revenue recognition and monthly reporting.
• Responsible for project setup, ensuring contractual details are in place and entered in Oracle.
• To be responsible for month end reconciliations and assist with accrued & deferred revenue narratives and reconciliations.
• To be responsible for the preparation of grant claims and audits in an accurate and timely manner, working with our independent auditors.
• To prepare monthly customer invoicing to schedule.
• Assist with administrating the capital program and asset register maintenance.
• Assist with maintenance of project standing data on Oracle and maintaining project files.
• To provide administrative support and deliver adhoc projects where required.
• Accounting background with an AAT or equivalent qualification
• Excellent communication skills and team player
• Good excel skills
• Knowledge of Oracle is preferable but not essential
NPL is based in a unique research environment, which is located in pleasant surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park in south-west London. We have a host of onsite facilities including a subsidised crèche, restaurant, and a sports and social club.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant, free parking and our own sports and social club.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.
To find out more lease click on the apply now button.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist