Senior Manager - Accounting & ReportingVacancy posted: Thursday, 1 September 2016
Salary: úDependent on Experience
Closing date: 01 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 38809BR
As the world's leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an excellent permanent opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with people leadership experience to join our expanding Centre of Excellence in Inchinnan, Paisley.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will manage the accounting and financial reporting generated from the Life Sciences Solutions Group and Special Diagnostics Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific with annual revenues of $1.9 Billion.
The role takes responsibility for both internal and external reporting and compliance ensuring proper application of local and US GAAP for complex transactions including revenue recognition, pension and legal entity restructuring. As a Senior Manager you will have three direct reports and overall responsibility for a team of 20.
You will take ownership of the accounting for the region ensuring the team delivers accurate and timely results reported both internally and externally. You will demonstrate your experience of working in a large multi-national; complex structure as a knowledge leader in the accounting and reporting. You will be a highly motivated with excellent people leadership skills.
- Responsible for the submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial close in the EMEA region within strict deadlines (70 + ledgers under US GAAP)
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of the regional review and analytics
- Oversee the revenue recognition review for all EMEA sales in the Life Sciences and Special Diagnostics Groups ($1.9 Billion annually) including complex multi-element deals
- Responsible for the Inter-Company and Cash & Banking teams in EMEA
- Overall responsibility for the Statutory Financial Statements for 35 legal entities with auditors located throughout Europe
- Lead point of contact for all group and statutory audits in the region
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, procedures and controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Ability to lead key projects such as finance integrations and restructuring
- Act as valued business partner to the Life Sciences Group
- Drive career development in the team
- Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA or ACCA)
- People leadership experience through the management of direct reports or indirect teams
- Experience of working in a complex business managing multiple systems, ledgers, legal entities and customer audits
- Deep technical accounting knowledge - (US GAAP, New UK GAAP and IFRS highly desirable but not essential)
- Ability to drive and deliver proactive continuous improvement
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Experience of developing people
- Ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Working knowledge of core ERPs (SAP / E1) (Desired but not essential)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. This, however, is just the start of our story. It's a story we'd like you to be part of.Company profile View all jobs with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist