Assistant AccountantVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: up to £28k
Closing date: 03 October 2016
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our International Brand Name Client based in Glasgow city centre. Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the head office function with various finance related duties.
The successful candidate should be confident and articulate with the ability to work well in a small dynamic team.
This jobs main duties will include;
- To be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounting function
- Assisting with preparation of Monthly Management and Year End Accounts including variance analysis
- Ensuring timely & organised submission and collation of Weekly Store Reports and related information
- Ensuring all nominal ledger and department codings and postings are accurate
- Ensuring accurate recording and maintenance of VAT records
- Coding, processing and reconciling bank and cash entries
- Preparing Bank and Cash Reconciliations
- Preparing Office Stock Reconciliations
- Standard Journal preparing and processing
- Reconciling Payroll Control Account
- Assisting with preparation of Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports
- Reconciling Balance Sheet Control Accounts
- Providing holiday and absence cover for other Finance & Admin Staff
- Other adhoc duties as may be required from time to time
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience in a similar role. You must have experience of using Sage 50 accounts package and have advanced Excel skills. You will be able to work to strict deadlines, have excellent attention to detail and be keen to develop new skills.
|Contact Name||Cameron Letham|
3 Finch Way
Strathclyde Business Park
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career and correspondingly a successful business needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical.
LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you.
We want to be different. Inspirationally different.
Established in 2011, Lusona Consultancy has become one of Scotland's fastest growing recruitment companies. We recruit in the professional space, incorporating permanent, temporary and fixed term assignments. Our team operates across offices in Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Edinburgh, and covers every Scottish location. Our specialisms are Accountancy & Finance, Audit & Risk, Financial Services, HR, Legal, Professional Support, Tax, Technology & Data, Technical & Engineering and Executive Search.Company profile View all jobs with Lusona
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist