Finance And Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £40 - £45k + bonus
Closing date: 11 October 2016
We are looking for an exceptional finance and operations manager to build the platform on which our software company can scale and who will grow with the company into a high performing CFO.
SIMUL8 Corporation is an established, fast growing, Scottish software house, selling globally to multinationals such as Ford, NASA, HP and the NHS. We’re currently on an aggressive growth strategy and looking to expand our operations team with this wide-ranging role to cover our US and UK operations. This is a great opportunity to work in the exciting world of technology and enhance your career. You will work closely with the Executive Team, report into the CEO and present to the board.
Who we’re looking for:
A qualified accountant, you will be keen to take your passion for tight financial processes and systems and apply that across the whole business through ownership for company operations. You will relish getting involved broadly in the business and flourish with the freedom and influence that comes from this critical role.
You are, to put it simply, great at getting things done and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Be a fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) accountant with a minimum of 5 years financial management experience
- Have an insatiable drive to make things better with extremely high level of drive and initiative
- Have an eagerness to get the details right
- Be able to communicate well across all levels, especially adept at relaying financial information with clarity and understanding.
- Have a quality comes first attitude
- Have experience of change management and the key role stakeholder engagement plays
- Demonstrate systems thinking
- Have a track-record of running a “tight ship”
- Be someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in regardless of the task
- Have some understanding of how technology can scale a business
What will you do:
You will be responsible for:
- The end-to-end accounts management process carried out by the accounts team
- Making decisions to ensure the above is being carried out in the most effective and productive way
- Staying on top of UK and US tax requirements
- Produce the monthly management accounts and report them to the board
- Manage and develop the accounts & admin team/lead and support them in managing their team
- Provide advice on financial matters to executive team
- At the year-end, consolidate accounts and prepare statement of accounts and audit file
- Liaise and co-ordinate on our annual audit
- Prepare the annual budget on consultation with the CEO and other Exec Team members
- Provide training to staff in financial management as necessary
- Improve business processes and procedures to ensure flawless and speedy execution
- Work closely with senior managers and team leaders on executing the above so that the business stays focused and gets things done
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and insurance requirements (within both UK and US)
- Work closely with the executive team to be a shining example of company culture
What we offer:
At SIMUL8 we put people first as we know they are at the core of everything we do. We do everything we can to help make work a pleasure and somewhere nice to be, from lunchtime yoga, to free snacks, to making sure we get you out of the office and attending conferences and meetups wherever you can go to grow your mind. In addition we also offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Autonomous work environment
- Company pension
- Family friendly environment including child care voucher scheme
- 33 days holiday a year which will increase with length of service
- Commitment to your progression and development to Director level
- Potential for stock options
- A company of intelligent and committed individuals who are genuinely improving our customers' processes around the world
- A financially strong (debt free and financing our own growth) company that only ever behaves ethically
- A well connected network (our exec team members are on other boards)
- A high tech culture and a central Glasgow location
|Contact Instructions||Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current circumstances, potential starting date and current salary to Laura Reid, CEO : Laura.R@SIMUL8.com|
About SIMUL8 Corporation
At SIMUL8 Corporation you will work with Fortune 500 companies and will have the opportunity to really make a difference . You will help people in every industry change the world through the power of simulation software.
Simulations built with our software have reduced NHS waiting times , increased the efficiency of car makers in Detroit by 21% and allowed the New Zealand government to rapidly recover from major earthquakes.
We are an independent company, not encumbered by banks or venture capitalists, and we are on a mission to get simulation used by every decision maker to make the world a better place.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist