Contact details for this recruiter
Company name: Heineken
Telephone Number: 0141 000 000
Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Do you have an interest in financial services?
Keen to work for a boutique scaled business in a varied role?
Wilkinson & Associates are assisting our client to recruit an Operational Accountant which plays an integral role in their small finance team.
Our client offers a highly collaborative and supportive environment and an excellent work / life balance. You will be responsible for efficient and accurate financial reporting and management accounting for the main company, two subsidiaries and an OEIC. The role will involve working within a team of ten, reporting to the Finance Director.
Summary of role profile:
- Development and maintenance of a strong financial and governance framework across the business ensuring a robust and transparent framework exists across the whole business
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate and efficient processing of all financial processes within the business, in particular premiums, claims, expenses
- Design, implementation and monitoring of the finance systems for new areas of the business
- Finance project representative as and when required
- Assistance in the monitoring and development of internal controls and risk management across the finance function
- Maintenance and accuracy of the accounting books and records for main entity and its subsidiaries
- Assistance in the production of the Annual Report and Accounts for main entity and the statutory accounts of its subsidiaries, liaising directly with the Auditors
Applicants should be a qualified accountant with previous financial reporting / control experience, ideally from a financial services background. An awareness of treasury processes and expenses management would be advantageous It is a given that you will have good planning and organisational skills and you must have a keen eye for detail. The successful applicant will form part of a small team so the need to be adaptable, flexible and willing to go beyond the boundaries of your own role are of paramount importance. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to manage internal and external relationships and interpret complex financial data in MS Excel.
Job Reference: RM103359