Finance ManagerVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: £35000 - £40000 DOE
Closing date: 23 January 2017
The Modern Institute, Glasgow
The Modern Institute is one of the worlds leading International contemporary art galleries.
Working with internationally established and emerging artists on both public and private shows, the gallery hosts a yearly programme across its two spaces in Glasgow, as well as participating in major art fairs.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager who is looking to work in a dynamic environment in a challenging and exciting role.
The Finance Manager will work closely with, and report to the Directors, providing the necessary Management Information to enable strategic growth.
As part of the Finance team, the Finance Manager has one direct report but will work closely with other operational managers across the business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, inclusive of variance analysis
- Cash Flow and risk management
- Define and execute project budgets and review actual spends
- Develop financial reporting to increase value to the business
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Collate year end accounting pack and work closely with external accountant
- Maintenance of a sufficient system of accounting records
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Cash and bank reconciliation for Sterling, Euro and US Dollar accounts
- Prepare VAT returns, EC sales and Intrastat declarations
- Ensure purchase order procedure is adhered to throughout the business and maintained
- Ensure recharge invoices are issued in accordance with expenditure incurred
- Manage and oversee purchase ledger and supplier payment runs in line with cash flow
- Manage and maintain sales ledger
- Manage credit control
- Liaise with collectors, galleries and artists on financial matters
- Prepare and issue sales invoices to collectors and galleries
- Manage and maintain artist financial statements
- Management of artist commission payments
- Ensure information systems and technology are adequate for the business, effective, up to date, secure and operational
- Continuous review of business processes, liaising with other areas of the business to effect change where necessary
- Establish and communicate financial objectives and improvements where necessary
- Responsible for managing online banking system
- Manage, maintain and process payroll
- Manage staff pension
- Manage, maintain and be responsible for any Human Resource procedures, policies or documents
- 3 - 5 years previous experience of working in a similar role
- Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of accounting software packages
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Verbal and Interpersonal communication skills
- Self motivated and resilient
- Extremely organised with the ability to manage key responsibilities
- Hands on accountant who is willing to get involved in all accounting processes
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date - 23rd January 2017
|Contact Name||Louise Dempster|
|Telephone||0141 248 3711|
|Address||14 - 20 Osborne Street
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist