Retail AccountantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Closing date: 23 January 2017
Job ref. no.: REQ0000012QZ
About the role
This position is crucial to supporting the long-term financial strategy for the Retail Department. Providing up to date, relevant financial information and support to operations management in business decision-making and providing financial guidance. The role also ensures standardised financial reporting and processes across the retail department on a national level. The post holder will be expected to provide challenge to the business and be pivotal in supporting decision making and providing strategic advice. The Retail Accountant also provides support to the Retail Department and Retail Finance Manager on all aspects of financial management and provides challenge on performance and strategic issues.
About the person
- Qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of accounting standards & practices and, Charity SORP
- Significant experience at a Senior Level, working within a complex finance function operating outside the confines of the finance function as a Business Partner
- Providing financial advice and support to managers
- Experience of designing and implementing complex costing and analysis models
- Supporting the budgeting process in a large organisation
- Production of in-depth analysis and reports
- Strong financial control and accounting skills
- Investment appraisal skills
- Knowledge of retail gift aid is desirable
About the team
Finance sits within the Finance Planning and Resources Directorate. The primary responsibilities of the Retail Accountant - National are to:
- Ensure that the teams supported have clarity on the approved Financial Framework and through analysis, financial modelling and constructive challenge enable them to deliver within it
- Ensure there is clear financial and management reporting to aid decision making and drive performance
- Ensure there is a strong internal control environment within the business operations
About the organisation
We are a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We enable vulnerable people at home and overseas to prepare for and respond to emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help people recover and move on with their lives.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) pro rata
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications is 23 January 2017.
Interviews will be the week commencing 31 January 2017.
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and Linked in – British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
The British Red Cross Society, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738) and Isle of Man (0752).
The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are.Company profile View all jobs with British Red Cross
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Trainee Tram DriverEdinburgh Trams , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist