Contact details for this recruiter
Company name: Heineken
Telephone Number: 0141 000 000
Vacancy posted: Thursday, 16 February 2017
Are you a qualified accountant keen to work for a growing SME with an established brand? We have been engaged by a high profile European group to source an experienced Financial Controller to work for a local subsidiary. The company has grown through acquisition, underlining their commitment to growth and strategic direction.
This position would suit a post qualified accountant with previous experience in a similar role in a smaller or medium sized business. The successful applicant will be technically strong and have experience of leading a small team. The role supports the Executive and Board by providing management reporting, commercial analysis and ensuring the smooth running of the day to day finance function. The employer has a huge focus on collaboration and ensures a harmonious team and environment, therefore its imperative the successful applicant is a proven team player and can demonstrate flexibility.
- Full support to the General Manager and Director of Group Finance in all financial matters
- Prepare regular financial statements and accounts - P&L accounts, balance sheet and cash flow
- Actively support the annual budgeting process
- Understanding of standard costs and calculation thereof
- Inventory management
- Board reporting
- Monitor and manage group policies and procedures
- Manage and prepare intercompany reconciliations
- Monitor actuals vs. budget figures (P&L and balance sheet)
- Analyse the company's financial performance
- Carry out internal audits of various departments
- Provide external auditors with company reports and financial data
- Management of the finance team
- Oversee the company's payroll, credit control and bookkeeping systems.
To be considered for the role you must be a qualified accountant with a proactive approach. Applicants from all sectors will be considered, as will those keen to make the move out of a CA firm. You will have good MS Excel skills to Pivot tables level and have the ability to liaise with non-finance colleagues. You should be comfortable using accounting packages and getting the best out of finance systems. You must be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, have a collaborative approach and have the desire to drive the business forward.
Job Reference: RM103475