Company AccountantVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (plus good benefits package)
Job ref. no.: UK750176
Hudson have been engaged to recruit a Company Accountant for a high growth independent company based near Falkirk. This is an exciting role where you will be reporting into the Finance Director, and having the opportunity to have financial input into tendering and well as to review and implement financial controls and processes as necessary to support the business. You will manage, support and cover for the back office financial services and manage two assistant accountants to deliver the range of services as detailed above.
Duties and responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Deliver financial statutory, management and investment decision reporting
- Manage and support staff for the Assistant Accountant functions.
- Work with departments to ensure a collaborative approach
- Use the company accounts system to produce accurate set of management accounts for the company in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Complete the Management Accounts within the timescales given
- Provide a weekly cash flow report for the business
- Look for and implement efficiencies across the business both financial and procedural.
- Provide financial support and guidance to the business as required in terms of processes, finances, project assessment and profitability, business plans and financial forecasting as required.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have relevant experience in a similar role, fulfilling comparable duties as outlined above. The position is suitable for either a newly qualified accountant who wants to drive their career forward in a supportive and dynamic environment or a more experienced accountant who can hit the ground running.
Central to the role is a positive and “can do” approach, flexibility, and excellent communication skills and accuracy whilst working under pressure. You will have previous experience of working with people at all levels and provide guidance where necessary.
You will have strong I.T. skills being a competent and proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite; in particular Excel, Outlook and Word. Exposure to an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) package such as IFS, SAP, SAGE or other financial package would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Lucy Edgar in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Lucy Edgar|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 131 555 9851|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist