Commercial & Marketing AnalystVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000
Closing date: 25 October 2016
This is a very finance focused role and would suit an experienced finance assistant who has excellent analytical experience and exceptional attention to detail.
You will have a key role to play in ensuring that the European Travel Retail (ETR) Commercial team is equipped with actionable insights on category dynamics, consumer / shopper trends, brand performance and marketing effectiveness that can help inform decision making and identifying business opportunities. Responsibility for business development through gathering, analyzing and interpreting information from a range of sources, sharing findings and implications with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Undertake in-depth analysis on the performance of Edrington’s brands in the European Travel Retail sector relative to their categories in terms of sales, distribution and pricing based on the external and internal data available.
- Examine category and consumer trends within the European travel retail sector to identify opportunities for future growth
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the Travel Retail Industry and customer’s business models within Europe whilst building relationships with key stakeholders within these.
- In cooperation with Account Managers drive growth through identifying and supporting business case developments and recommendations on specific actions
- Creating tools and reports managing different sources of data and through analysis delivering commercial recommendations and implications
- Understanding the role of pricing as part of the overall P&L, deliver annual pricing evaluation to drive customer specific pricing strategies and supporting Account Managers to drive optimized business
- With a strong understanding of finance, developing and optimizing on current tools and processes such as the monthly customer sales reporting, key-account models and Return of Investment evaluation.
- Developing processes for and presenting best practice and useful learning’s.
- Supporting sales and marketing turning market/consumer insights into development of customer proposals and growth plans.
- Collaborate with domestic Marketing Intelligence / Consumer Insight teams in conducting primary research studies to measure the effectiveness of travel retail marketing programs and provide direction on how they can be optimized – Return On Investment (ROI) analysis.
- Build understanding of the number and profile of passengers / shoppers in the European Travel Retail sector and their purchasing behaviour and motivations.
- Share the output from analysis and research with the Travel Retail team through user-friendly reports and in-person presentations.
- Work together with the sales and marketing team to define the requirements for analysis and research, and to identify implications based on the findings, contributing to brand planning and the development of customer account plans.
- Explore new sources of information while continuing to develop good working relationships with existing data providers (Generation Research, Air4Casts) as well as with key customer organisations.
Applicants should submit an up to date CV and convering letter, detailing current salary.
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Telephone||0141 940 4000|
|Address||2500 Great Western Road
About The Edrington Group (distillers)
Edrington makes some of the world's best-loved Scotch whiskies, including The Macallan, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark and Highland Park. The portfolio is complemented by Brugal, the leading golden rum in the Caribbean,
and by Snow Leopard vodka.
Edrington is headquartered in Scotland but international in its composition, with over 60% of staff based overseas it has its focus firmly on the opportunities for international development of its premium spirits brands.
With its unique ownership, envied brands, and enterprising workforce, Edrington continues to be a distinctive, independent force in international premium spirits.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist