Fund Accountant (12mth FTC) x2Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 1 February 2017
Salary: Excellent plus benefits
Job ref. no.: FUN000145
This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity to cover a maternity leaver.
The Fund Accounting department is a high profile business area that comprises of a number of different functions responsible for NAV production, monthly fund accounting oversight controls and statutory and financial statements reporting services for internal and external clients in the United Kingdom and globally.
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the role is to produce daily NAV prices and deliver non-daily priced information to clients accurately, adhering to agreed deadlines.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
For an agreed population of open ended funds, produce deliverables including, but not limited to:
- To meet client KPI’s and service delivery commitments through:
- Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations,
- Distribution calculations,
- Monthly trustee / control packs,
- Management service charge calculations,
- Performance fee calculations,
- Portfolio turnover calculations,
- Yield calculations,
- Total expense ratios,
- Timely completion of internal team management information.
- Assist in managing responses to clients, auditors, trustees, custodians and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services for those funds assigned responsibility for.
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks.
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes.
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Fund Accountant and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines / quality standards are at risk.
Skills and Experience
- Possess high level of numerical skills and an awareness of investment operations and accounting procedures.
- Highly computer literate with excellent Excel skills essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of HiPortfolio
- Experience of pControl
- Fund accounting experience and/or unitised fund pricing
- IOC – If not already completed would be expected to study towards this
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Communications Coordinator – Social MediaEdinburgh Zoo and The Highland Wildlife Park, edinburgh
- HOME-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR – Global ProviderSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
- Relief Cook, SchoolsOrkney Islands Council, orkney-islands
- Relief Cook, St Peter's HouseOrkney Islands Council, orkney-islands
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist