General Ledger Analyst (with Languages)Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 January 2017
Salary: úcompetitive plus benefits
Dover Business Services (DBS) is currently moving through an exciting period of growth and are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our General Ledger Team based in our EMEA Shared Services Centre in Dundee.
Reporting to the General Ledger Manager, and working within an emerging shared services organisation, the General Ledger Analyst is responsible for delivering timely and quality service to internal Dover customers, as measured by service level agreements and key performance indicators. Key activities include processing general ledger transactions and related activities, performing calculations and analysis, preparing reports, and supporting period close processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results. Also, the General Ledger Analyst will be responsible for performing account reconciliations and performance reporting, participation in continuous improvement efforts, and partnering with Shared Services leaders to implement strategic priorities.
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Process journal entries, allocations, and period end adjustments
- Post and reconcile intercompany transactions
- Perform consolidations and process eliminations
- Perform Sub-Ledger Account Variance Analysis
- Track fixed assets (including physical inventory) and process fixed-asset additions, retires, adjustments, revaluations, transfers and maintenance expenses
- Calculate and record depreciation expense
- Reconcile fixed-asset ledger
- Provide fixed-asset data to support tax, statutory reporting
- Provide fixed-asset data support and context to support tax, statutory reporting
- Prepare OpCo & Corp (business unit & consolidated) financial statements
- Review, circulate, and revise reports (SSC, BU, OpCo, Corp)
Qualifications & Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or related field
- Excellent verbal and written skills in one of the following languages - Czech or Italian preferred however French or German may also be considered.
- Excellent business level English
- Previous experience in accounting, with fixed assets experience a plus
- Proficient computer skills including excellent Microsoft Excel experience
- Previous experience in Oracle system advantageous
- Lean training a plus
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (especially SharePoint) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment while remaining organized with strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce accurate results
- Willing to work flexible hours when business conditions dictate
Dover Business Services (DBS) independent business service provider within Dover Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7.5 billion. DBS is accountable for delivering selected transactional services in Finance, IT and HR to the entire organisation. With locations in Hamilton, Ohio; Dundee, Scotland; and Suzhou, China, DBS centres operate across the globe to maximise service to our operating companies (OpCos), meeting all country specific requirements.
Dover Corporation, delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognised for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 27,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what’s possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV.”
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist