Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 13 September 2016
The R&A Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
Due to recent business change the analyst will be part of a team migrating reporting and accounting activities within the group. The role will have a mix of deliverables between complex accounting and reporting activities within the Corporate, Holdings & Treasury (CHT) business area. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions
- Complete all assigned complex process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed assets, Statutory and other) in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate and deliver migration activities in line with defined timelines, ensuring effective business partnering and due diligence adhered at all times
- Align with internal processes and embed change driving standardization where possible
- Support additional migration projects as and when defined
- Provide support to other team members on complex issues using knowledge and experience
- Provide expertise to FO and non FO stakeholders: GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert
- Participate and leads R&A process projects across various locations
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Comply with team, centre, process and global policies and procedures
- Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective
- SOAR owner/supervisor role
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Control owner / control operator (RDS, FCM, business)
- Special Challenges/requirements
- Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operation
- Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Must be part qualified accountant, or qualified by experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting.
- Extensive understanding of UK & US GAAP and IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements.
- Prior experience of and willingness to have hands-on involvement in the day-to-day financial activities.
- Analytical, systems/process and accounting skills, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- CI mind set, able to identify ESSA opportunities and manage change.
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Necessity to constantly update knowledge within finance
- Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
Job Reference: 28991
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist