AccountantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Salary: Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 13 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 31614BR
Accountant - Inchinnan
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to join their existing team based in Paisley. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding centre of excellence in an organisation considered a global leader in its field.
The successful candidate must be prepared to take ownership of the accounting for the entity delivering accurately and timely results to be reported both internally and externally. They must demonstrate themselves as a knowledge leader in the accounting and reporting team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills relevant to the role. The candidate must be high-potential and have the ability to prioritise and follow through in a fast-paced, multitask environment.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities.
- Prepare and review accounting entries. Evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy
- Review general ledger activity, researching and correcting account discrepancies.
- Perform and review balance sheet account reconciliations, including general ledger accounts and sub ledger accounts. Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Perform variance analysis including current-to-prior month/quarter/year fluctuations.
- Management reporting to Corporate through Hyperion
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Preparation and submission of government and other agency returns, including but not limited to Tax returns and government statistics returns.
- Coordinate accounting entries with other departments and accounting system modules.
- Assist in maintenance of documentation of policies, procedures and controls. Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, procedures and controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Support requests from external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Deep technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of ERP (SAP) (Desired but not essential)
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: - including Education & Professional Qualifications - should meet at least 1 of the requirements below
- Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA or ACCA - in-country equivalent)
- Working towards a professional qualification with a number of years' experience working in a similar large corporate environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. This, however, is just the start of our story. It's a story we'd like you to be part of.Company profile View all jobs with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist