Accounts AssistantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 78892
Change Public Practice are delighted to be partnering with a small independent firm in Edinburgh city centre in the recruitment of an experienced Accounts Assistant. This position will allow you the chance to work within a well-established team to support one of the Partners and will offer you the responsibility of managing your own portfolio of clients.
Key responsibilities within this role will be:
· Managing a small portfolio of clients which include sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
· Preparation and production of statutory accounts for client base
· Additionally responsible for preparation of management accounts
· Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations
· Adhoc tasks including some Payroll may also be required
Skills and attributes to be considered:
· Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience working within an Accountancy firm environment
· Experience of preparation of statutory and management accounts is key
· Previous experience managing own client portfolio is advantageous but not essential
· Good working knowledge of Xero, Free Agent, Sage or CCH Suite software is advantageous
The right person for this role must be motivated and able to work on their own to meet deadlines as a great deal of responsibility will be given to the successful candidate.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist