Accountant - Public PracticeVacancy posted: Friday, 17 February 2017
Closing date: 17 March 2017
Job ref. no.: 78929
Change Public Practice are recruiting for an Accounts Senior for a well-established, reputable CA firm based in Edinburgh City Centre. This opportunity would suit a Finalist or recently Qualified CA/ACCA Accountant with at least 3 years gained within a practice environment. Candidates either currently in practice, or who have moved into Industry/FS and are keen to back into the profession, will both be considered.
This role offers the chance to work with a varied client portfolio, with businesses ranging in size and sector. The successful candidate will be joining one of Scotland’s most established Accounting teams, and due to ongoing growth across the firm, can offer rapid career progression.
The duties within this role are:
- Manage a client portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Produce statutory accounts for clients maintained using Xero & Sage
- Preparing management accounts with appropriate commentary for clients
- Reviewing accounts and providing analytical overview of clients results
- Assisting both clients and colleagues with technical queries
- Working closely with Managers & Senior Managers in the team on ad-hoc projects
- Involvement in strategic business planning alongside senior team members
Skills and experience required:
- ACCA/CA qualified or finalist level
- At least 3 years’ experience gained in practice
- Knowledge of Sage & Xero would be highly advantageous
- A background in building & maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Farming & Estates experience would be extremely beneficial
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply with a copy of your most recent CV. To find out about other vacancies within Public Practice, please contact Victoria Cameron
|Contact Name||Victoria Cameron|
|Telephone||0131 225 7744|
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist