Senior Accounts AssistantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £25,000 – 35,000
Closing date: 12 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 79124
Change Public Practice are assisting a highly reputable Public Accountancy firm in Glasgow in the recruitment of an experienced and Senior Accounts Assistant. The purpose of the role is to provide support to Client Managers through this varied role. This will comprise client management including the management of a small portfolio of clients, business development and providing training and support to junior members of staff.
This business is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants and business advisors who advise high calibre clients across all sectors in Scotland and offer expert business insights at every opportunity. This role will give you the opportunity to develop your career within a business that focuses on not only hiring, but also retaining, high calibre members of staff and offers excellent benefits including a strong focus on work/life balance. There is a clear progression path tied to this role and the development plan is for the right person to come in and progress to Assistant Manager level as quickly as possible.
· Overall responsibility for a small portfolio of clients, and in respect of those clients; ensure files are planned, completed and reviewed, on budget and in line with business advisory procedures; have regular communication with the client engagement partner on relevant matters regarding their clients and monitor work in progress on a regular basis and issue fees as appropriate
· Preparation of statutory financial statements from clients records maintained on Xero, Sage etc. Ensuring statutory disclosures are accurate
· Preparation of management accounts with commentary
· Preparation of planning including budget and fee quotes
· Providing analytical review of the figures in the accounts
· Provide a pack to managers for review which includes letter to the client, accounts, a list of queries etc.
· Proactively communicate with managers on progress of workload and provide support and assistance to client managers with ad hoc tasks when required
· Proactively carrying out technical research to enhance knowledge and assist clients
· Preparation of fee notes to be issued to client
· Ad-hoc assurance work including grant claims and similar engagements
· Liaise/meet with clients
· Providing constructive and proactive advice to clients, for example, making recommendations to improve their accounts processes or identify cost savings
· Provide training for clients on accounting software, including Xero and Sage
· Active involvement in the business advisory group strategic plan
· Active participant of an appropriate sector development group
· Active involvement in the training and development of new and junior employees
· A professional accountancy qualification would be ideal (CA/ACCA etc.) to enable rapid progression up to Assistant Manager level
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience gained in a professional accountancy environment
· Strong accounts preparation and client interaction skills are essential
· Previous exposure to Sage and Xero would be highly advantageous
· Experience in mentoring junior members of staff would also desirable
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist