Accounts And Advisory SeniorVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Closing date: 13 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 79099
Change Public Practice are assisting a highly reputable Public Accountancy firm in Glasgow in the recruitment of an experienced Accounting and Advisory Senior.
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality client service to an Accounting and Advisory department’s fast growing client base. These services include the preparation of year-end accounts, VAT returns, sage assistance and set up and other ad hoc assignments such as the preparation of cashflow projections.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business-focused and fast growing Accounting & Advisory team within a large global accounting firm, and a truly exciting opportunity to make your mark and add value to a growing global business.
· Preparation of year-end limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts
· Review of year-end limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts
· Preparation and review of VAT returns
· Preparation of annual returns
· Sage set-up and providing training to clients
· Knowledge of Xero accounting software
· Assisting with the preparation of financial forecasts
· Lead other ad hoc advisory assignments
· Management of a small portfolio of small business clients and reporting to the manager
· Client liaison and communication as part of accounts preparation process
· Work directly with the manager on the wider team portfolio
· Providing support to your manager in the training and development of junior staff members, including providing on-the-job support and training and managing the time of the junior members of staff
· Qualified Accountant with broad practical accounting experience
· Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience working in an accountancy practice is required
· The client portfolio will predominantly consist of small businesses and privately owned businesses so previous exposure to these types of organisations would be highly preferential
· Strong experience of managing and developing junior members of staff
· Must have strong experience of preparing statutory accounts for Limited companies, preparation of partnership accounts, preparation of VAT returns, preparation of annual returns, and preparation financial forecasts
· Experience of Sage set-up and training to clients is highly desirable
If you are interested in discussing this role further, please contact Kasia Mackie.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist