Management AccountantVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: ££30000 - £50000
Job ref. no.: KLWD-1523657
To be successful in this role we are looking for a candidate with extensive manufacturing experience as a cost accountant and be familiar with the culture of US multi-nationals. Experience and attitude are more important than formal qualifications.
You will lead and manage monthly reporting processes and support the implementation of new accounting requirements. In due course, some elements of accounting and reporting will be taken over by the Johnson Controls shared service centre.
The principal areas of responsibility are:
- Periodic reporting and forecasting
- Lead and manage monthly management reporting to parent group.
- Transition reporting to direct use of Essbase.
- Local management reporting and analysis.
- Review and change processes to facilitate transition to shared service centre.
- Support upgrade of costing processes, including implementation of full absorption costing.
- Review and refresh inventory control processes and cycle-count procedures.
- Other costing exercises in support of expanding manufacturing operation.
Maintenance of internal controls
- Formalising, maintaining and upholding internal controls, particularly with regard to:
- Trade Compliance
GMI uses Syspro for accounting. Reporting and forecasting are through HFM and Essbase.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Gas Measurement Instruments (GMI) – a brand under Johnson Controls, is a £13m turnover manufacturer of gas detection equipment. Industries served range from utilities, oil and gas, marine, nuclear and brewing, based in Renfrew, Lanarkshire. The role will initially report to the local Managing Director, with a secondary line of reporting into the group accounting function, based in the US.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist