Associate AccountantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 December 2016
Job ref. no.: 42192BR
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our premier brands – Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit .
Job Title: Associate Accountant – Intercompany
Working within the accounting team ensuring all intercompany transactions are posted in a timely manner.
This is a high volume, high pressure role which requires additional hours to be worked over month end to ensure that everything is completed within tight deadlines. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills relevant to the role. The candidate must be high-potential and have the ability to prioritise and follow through in a fast-paced, multitask environment.
- Processing Intercompany invoices in a timely and accurate manner resolving any issues
- Monthly analysis of goods received but not invoiced (GRNI)
- Review and clear aged intercompany items >90 days
- Agree intercompany balances with appropriate counterparty for month-end close
- Book any month-end adjustments as required to reconcile intercompany relationships
- Prepare and agree intercompany netting payments with counterparty.
- Process intercompany netting payments and allocate any payments/receipts on a monthly basis.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations for Intercompany.
- Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Assist Sarbanes-Oxley team with walkthrough and control testing performance and coordination.
- Support requests from external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Deep technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Proficient in MS Excel
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: -
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of DATEV System preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Good communications kills, attention to detail and good judgment
- Drives Growth – shows passion, commitment and strong result focus
- Develops People Including Self – practices self-development and champions employee development and growth
- Communicates Openly – communicates honestly and effectively with peers, manager and senior leaders
- Drives Continuous Learning – raises the bar on processes and results
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Relief Cook, St Peter's HouseOrkney Islands Council, orkney-islands
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist