Financial AssistantVacancy posted: Thursday, 8 September 2016
Salary: £18,800 pro rata
Closing date: 30 September 2016
Standard 20 hours per week
The post is part of the administrative team which runs The Stand Comedy Clubs in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. The post also provides a service to The Scottish Comedy Agency Ltd. The role is based at our head office 5 York Place Edinburgh.
Applicants should have a good standard of numeracy and literacy. They should have experience of computerised book-keeping systems, have practical experience of dealing with both customers and suppliers in Sage accounts along with a good practical knowledge of Sage payroll including RTI and workplace pensions.
Send your CV and a covering letter of application to
applications close on the 30 September and interviews will be scheduled from 6 October
1. Payment of invoices to suppliers in an efficient manner.
2. Maintaining accurate records of financial transactions, ensuring payments are recorded against the correct budget code and department.
3. Maintaining manual files of relevant paperwork.
4. Monitoring creditors and generating relevant Sage reports where necessary.
5. Dealing with written or verbal enquiries from suppliers relating to payments.
6. Using box office information to prepare financial settlement reports for visiting performers or companies.
7. Preparing and issuing Salt ‘n’ Sauce Promotions/Scottish Comedy Agency invoices to clients and monitoring payment of same.
8. Operating Sage payroll applications to prepare payment to hourly paid and salaried staff.
9. Liaison with venue managers regarding payments, wages and income recording.
10. Using Sage to prepare budget monitoring reports as directed.
11. Dealing with routine enquires from HMRC on employee related tax matters.
12. Assisting with preparation of VAT returns.
13. Assisting with preparation of annual accounts.
14. Other duties relating to financial administration of the company as directed.
The post is administratively self-sufficient and the post-holder will be expected to be computer literate and to be familiar with word, access, excel and email.
There may be the opportunity for more hours within our busier months.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist