Senior Payroll AdministratorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 30 August 2016
Salary: Highly Competitive with Award Winning Benefits
Job ref. no.: 3316
Senior Payroll Administrator – Glasgow
Hymans Robertson is one of the UK’s leading independent pensions, investment and benefit consultancies. We employ over 750 staff in four UK offices (London, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Glasgow).
The firm operates as an independent partnership and prides itself on an innovative, client focused approach. Our clients include some of the UK's leading names and largest pension schemes, while our continued growth and success has been recognised by numerous industry awards, including Third Party Administrator of the Year at the 2016 UK Pensions Awards.
Are you an experienced payroll professional, with pensioner payroll experience and looking for a new challenge, or keen to get into it? Want to join an award nominated and growing team? Motivated and energised by working to deadlines in a fast paced environment with multiple payrolls on the go? If so then this could be a great career move for you!
With the team you’ll deliver a high quality efficient pensioner payroll service to our clients and scheme members and search for ways to continuously improve our processes, procedures and service.
You’ll have a number of key accountabilities including:
- Payment of pensions correctly and by deadlines and producing pension payslips
- Reconciling the pension payroll bank account and calculating and deduction of PAYE
- Helping with calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HMRC
- Assisting with the implementation of pension increases
- Dealing confidently and positively with pension and tax related queries from pension scheme members and other contacts.
- Assisting with the set-up of new client pension payroll services when we win new schemes.
- Checking and authorising other team members’ work and giving development support and mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
If you’d like to apply you should already have the following:
- GCSE / Scottish standard (or equivalent) Maths and English at minimum grade C, or relevant experience.
- Proven, substantial experience of carrying out day-to-day pensioner payroll and up to date knowledge of legislation and regulation and their implications for pensioner payroll and TPA.
- Experience in the calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HMRC and an understanding of how deductions are made.
- Great customer service focus and relationship building skills and a flair for communicating well with clients and members over the telephone and other colleagues within TPA.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once, to prioritise and juggle conflicting demands effectively and remain calm.
|Contact Name||Heather McCrae|
About Hymans Robertson
Hymans Robertson is one of the UK's leading pensions, investment and benefit consultancies, employing over 750 staff in four UK offices. The firm operates as an independent partnership and prides itself on an innovative, client focused approach. Our clients include some of the UK's leading names and largest pension schemes, while our continued growth and success has been recognised by numerous industry awards.
Hymans Robertson prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference. Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Social Care Assistant - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist