Payroll AdministratorVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Salary: Grade 4, Points 19 -22 (£17,871 - £19,345)
Closing date: 26 September 2016
Full time – 35 hours –Maternity Cover for One Year–
Grade 4 (£17,871 - £19,345)
Main Purpose of Job
To provide a comprehensive payroll service to voluntary organisations within Scotland as one of the practical support mechanisms that GCVS provides for the voluntary sector. To support the Payroll Team Co-ordinator to manage all aspects of the GCVS payroll system and services to the sector.
- Process a high volume of salaries accurately from source documents
- Input data into computerised payroll system
- Ensure Clients have sufficient cleared funds prior to releasing net pays
- Ensure correct payments due to the clients’ employees, the statutory and external bodies are paid within agreed time frames
- Able to prioritise work load to strict deadlines
- Manage clients’ payrolls from date of new business to year end
- Produce collective deductions and have them prepared for payment each month
- Deal with problems and/or errors and ensure any training requirements are met with the approval of the Team Co-ordinator
- Provide clients with information and support
- Submit RTI to HMRC ensuring it complies with HMRC regulations. Run monthly Inland Revenue negative returns and request any reclaims due from HMRC are in place and recorded on correct spreadsheet
- Ensure all projects have a compliant workplace pension in place by their individual staging date as per The Pensions Regulator compliances
- Confirm Employers Allowance refund is being processed
- Ensure correct NIC letter has been applied to each employee
- Work as part of a team with other payroll staff providing a wide range of general payroll, finance and administrative duties
- Minimum of 2 years current knowledge and experience of payroll.
- Up to date working knowledge about the application of SSP, SMP, student loans, pension plans, Auto Enrolment etc.
- A knowledge of manual payroll systems (GCVS uses an in-house computerised system and training will be provided)
- Experience of RTI Reporting
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to undertake an unsupervised workload
- Able to work to strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to build up a good working relationship with contacts
- Able to employ a methodical approach to work practices and follow established procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount in operating a payroll system
- Intermediate or advanced Excel/MS Office skills
- A commitment to Equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Experience of working with customers
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
About Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector
GCVS is a dynamic and forward-thinking voluntary sector development agency which provides information, advice, training and practical, professional support to 1,000 voluntary and community groups in Glasgow. We coordinate the voluntary sector's input to policy and planning, and work in strategic partnerships with all the major players in regeneration, health, learning and economic development within Glasgow. We have IIP status; we offer our staff excellent opportunities for professional development; and we promote work-life balance initiatives.
GCVS, a membership organisation, is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and is one of the largest Council's for the Voluntary Sector in the UK. We are also one of four key partners that form Glasgow's Third Sector Interface. The interface is the partnership that supports and represents the third sector in Glasgow and through which the Scottish Government engages with the third sector.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist