Senior Business Analyst - Edinburgh - Financial Services - PermVacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Closing date: 05 October 2016
Job ref. no.: LDPSBAEDI2109
My client, a globally recognised, leading Financial Services organisation has an excellent opportunity for skilled Senior Business Analysts to join on a permanent basis.
Investment Banking - Competitive salary and package - Edinburgh
***The ideal candidates for these roles will have a significant track record as a Business Analyst within Financial Services, ideally within an Investment Banking/Asset Management environment.***
Due to an evolving regulatory environment, the Group products must be reviewed and re-configured where necessary to accommodate mandatory compliance obligations. There is therefore a requirement to source a high calibre Senior Business Analyst with extensive experience of business change programmes. This role will interface with a number of different teams to ensure the accurate analysis and development of processes and systems in response to the Regulations.
The required candidate will have been operating at the Senior Business Analyst level for a number of years within similar financial institutions and will have hands on experience business change projects.
Experience of similar regulatory change projects is not essential but a knowledge of the regulatory environment and its impact on the business operations of a Fund Administrator is required. Experience in Fund Services, Trustee & Depositary or Custody would be advantageous.
- To abide by the project management framework
- Create Business Requirements Documents
- Create and track BRD traceability matrix
- Schedule, prepare and chair design / analysis workshops
- Actively manage key stakeholder requirements / obligations
- Work with project manager to ensure deadlines met as per project plan
- Clear communication of Risks and Issues ensuring appropriate / timely escalation where necessary
- Change Request analysis and onward submission to Project Manager
- Execution of tasks and deliverables assigned by the project manager
- Detailed impact assessments of regulation including article by article review and gaps analysis of each product line
- Engage with Product, Business, Compliance, Risk, Legal and secure their validation of any impact analysis
- Clearly written project artefacts for complete project lifecycle ensuring full audit trail of signatories
- Create operating model diagrams to reflect Current and Target Operating Models
- Design and coordinate delivery of training programmes
- Support full project lifecycle of project change relating IT or business changes
- Work with project managers and workstream leads in developing project plans and implementation plans.
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis and documentation; translate complex legislative and business needs related to business process and technology into clear, unambiguous, feasible and verifiable requirements specifications
- Extensive experience in the Finance and Banking industry environment (Administration, Custody, Trustee & Depositary, Fund Services, Asset Management firms)
- Extensive experience of driving operational change and system development across Trustee and Depositary, A&V, Transfer Agency or Custody.
- Strong focus on business change as well as experience of IT change
- A keen knowledge of Regulation and the impact on the Fund Administration industry
- Structured approach to business analysis and documentation
- Experienced in applying proven methodologies, standards and tools in the preparation of Business Requirement Definitions, User Acceptance Testing, system conversions and implementations.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work closely with stakeholders.
- Practical experience using modelling tools and techniques such as use cases and process flow diagrams
- Practical experience of supporting UAT, SIT project phases
- Experience supporting multiple lines of business and / or large scale projects is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; experience managing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and/or lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with other teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to ongoing change
If you are currently looking for your next career move and the above is in line with your experience then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
|Contact Name||Leon Dick|
|Telephone||0131 306 0159|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist