Risk Management ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Closing date: 01 March 2017
Job ref. no.: Req/421538
Would you like to progress your career with one of the worlds leading banking groups?
Do you have the skills my client needs? Please read on for further information:
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The key responsibilities of the Risk Management team include the following:
- Oversee the involvement in the Firm's New Product Approval (NPA) process. Including:
- Review and finalise the elements of the cross Finance checklist in a timely manner and to a high standard;
- Oversee due diligence reviews, approvals and sign off of Quorum Members and Informal Advisors
- Manage communications between the NPA Governance Office and teams
- Serve as escalation point for Business Unit and other Functional areas involved in the NPA process;
- Monthly Risk Reporting to Senior Management
- Liaison between the organisation for several Firm risk initiatives, including but not limited to, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Sarbanes-Oxley testing (SOX) and Information Security
- Monitoring and Quality Assurance review of Risk Incidents, Issues and Action Plans, and identification of thematic issues, along with suggestions for remediation, as appropriate
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Risk Management function
- Partner with colleagues and internal clients on various projects
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A rounded commercial approach to reporting and controllership, with proven skills in chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes
- Confidence in building and managing relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders and business areas
- Strong communication and escalation skills
- An ability to self-manage work load effectively whilst balancing multiple deliverables and priorities appropriately
- A strong commitment to self-development
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Hold a professional accounting qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA)
Please contact Neil Greene at Search Financial Services immediately to discuss further
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
|Contact Name||Neil Greene|
|Telephone||0141 272 7815|
Established in 1987, Search Consultancy has grown to become one of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies. With offices in 13 locations across the country, we place people at all levels across a wide range of commercial and industry sectors.Company profile View all jobs with Search Consultancy
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist