Interim Head Of FinanceVacancy posted: Tuesday, 6 September 2016
Salary: £42,951 - £50,531
iMultiply Resourcing are delighted to be retained exclusively on the position of Interim Head of Finance for Blackwood.
Blackwood is a leading national Housing and Care provider specialising in homes and care services for people with disabilities. With over 1600 properties, 4 care homes and over 450 employees, we work in 29 out of 32 local authorities across Scotland. This is an exciting time for us as we grow our care services and develop accessible new homes. Our aim is to help even more customers live their life to the full, while building a long term sustainable Business Plan.
The key purpose of this role is to lead the strategic financial planning for Blackwood. This includes preparing the long term 30 year financial plan, the five year projections, and the annual budget, supporting the delivery of the current strategy and Business Plan 2015-2020.
We require an Interim Head of Finance who has excellent communication skills which will be demonstrated in both verbal and written reporting to Board, to managers, to external stakeholders and to the finance team. The successful candidate will be able to confidently lead on all of the role requirements whilst the organisation goes through the annual updating of the Business Plan and budget.
The role of Interim Head of Finance will offer a highly competitive salary of £42,951 - £50,531. The organisation’s offices are based in Edinburgh city centre. The interim assignment is envisaged to last until around April 2017.
You will be involved in, but not restricted to, the following duties:
- Advising the CEO and the Board on all strategic and operational financial matters appropriate to delivering the Strategy and remaining in a sustainable financial position
- Maintaining business relationships with lenders and potential lenders, financial advisors, insurance companies, valuers, and other professionals, to manage the asset value and portfolio and all grant drawdown arrangements
- Maintaining treasury management requirements including all covenants, compliance with all financial regulatory returns, and treasury planning
- Maintaining operational cashflow requirements so that Blackwood remains in a financially sustainable position throughout the year
- Maintaining the relationship with regulators
- Managing the annual budgeting process and its regular monthly monitoring and reporting, including to Committees and to Board
- Ensuring that the finance team is clear on targets, performance, and systems and processes to support all internal operations – e.g. the Assets team, the Regional Housing and Care teams and the corporate teams of Human Resources and Business Services – and managing the team for successful delivery
- Managing the payroll function for Blackwood, ensuring that systems are efficient, robust and accurate
- Ensuring that all Blackwood’s financial management arrangements comply fully with legal, contractual, regulatory, and audit requirements
- Ensuring that Blackwood has adequate and appropriate insurances in place
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant – ICAS/ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA
- Proven track record of operating within a Senior Management capacity
- Strong exposure to leading strategic financial planning
- Experience of the housing association sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion.
|Contact Name||John Gilbertson|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist