Financial ControllerVacancy posted: Monday, 12 September 2016
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus share options
iMultiply Resourcing are delighted to be exclusively retained on the position of Financial Controller for Greengage.
Greengage is an agricultural technology expert striving to improve the efficiency and productivity of livestock in the farming community. Specifically focused on lighting and sensors, they provide market leading lighting and sensor platform that provides a highly effective solution that modern farmers rely on. Greengage is an early stage and high growth potential business with a talented & entrepreneurial senior management team that now seek a senior finance professional to take the finance function to the next level.
The position of Financial Controller will report directly to the CFO and CEO. As the CFO is part time it requires an individual that is proactive, forward thinking and can work under minimal supervision. To begin with the Financial Controller position role will also complete the bookkeeping duties however the business plan is to recruit a Bookkeeper in early 2017 to conduct these duties. The recruitment of this post has been deliberately delayed as they would like the Financial Controller to be responsible for recruiting their own team and also by completing the bookkeeping for a few months it should allow them to get underneath the skin of the business to fully understand it from bottom to top.
The role of Financial Controller will offer a salary of £45,000 to £55,000. Furthermore upon completion of a successful probation period there is a realistic possibility of share options. The business premises are based at the Easter Bush Campus - Edinburgh University’s animal science campus. This location is conveniently located near the city bypass.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting directly to and deputising for the CFO
- Dotted line to the CEO
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with year-end accounts and supporting annual audit
- Budgeting setting & monitoring
- Cash flow analysis & forecasting
- Finance business partnering with non-financial departmental managers
- Stock & inventory control
- Financial management of engineering projects Cost, product and pricing analysis
- Reviewing business contracts including dealing with international import & exports
- VAT returns and Intrastat returns
- Bookkeeping (until early 2017)
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ICAS/ICAEW, qualified by experience will be considered with relevant practical experience
- Manufacturing or operations experience would be highly advantageous
- Ability to be finance business partner for non-financial departmental managers
- Exposure to Sage 50
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Exposure to stock or inventory systems and processes would be highly advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Partner, John Gilbertson at iMultiply Resourcing for a private & confidential discussion.
All third party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply Resourcing.
|Contact Name||John Gilbertson|
|Telephone||0131 603 7747|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist