Director Of FinanceVacancy posted: Friday, 27 January 2017
Salary: £56,000 - £66,000
iMultiply are delighted to be retained exclusively on the position of Director of Finance for Blackwood based in Edinburgh city centre.
Blackwood is a leading national Housing and Care provider specialising in homes and care services for people with disabilities. With over 1600 properties, 4 care homes and over 500 employees, we work in 29 out of 32 local authorities across Scotland. This is an exciting time for us as we grow our care services and develop accessible new homes. Our aim is to help even more customers live their life to the full, while building a long term sustainable Business Plan.
The position of Director of Finance is a newly created role and will be part of the Executive Management Team (EMT). As a member of the EMT, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the robust performance of the Finance team, to ensure that the organisation is provided with all support required to ensure Blackwood’s finance functions and services are effectively managed and delivered
- Leading the strategic financial planning for Blackwood, including preparing the long term financial plan, the five year projections, and the annual budget
- Supporting the delivery of the current Strategy and Business Plan
- The strategic leadership of the Finance team to ensure that all regulatory and statutory obligations are met
- Leading the development and continuing management of excellent operational and strategic finance services which reflect and advance current thinking and best practice across Blackwood, at all times acting in harmony with the organisation’s aims, vision and values.
- Directly managing a team of 6, with a staffing budget of circa £150k
- Accountability for the preparation, management and oversight of the annual budget for Blackwood currently covering:
- An annual revenue budget of circa £ 15.5m*
- Annual capital spend of circa £ 2.7m*
(* at 2016/17; both expected to grow further in this Business Plan period)
The role of Director of Finance will offer a salary of £56,000 - £66,000 plus a competitive benefits package. The offices are based in Edinburgh city centre and easily accessible by public transport.
You will be responsible but not restricted to the following duties:
Member of Executive Management Team:
- Leading the EMT on all aspects of financial governance and planning
- Advising on all strategic and operational financial matters
- Represent Blackwood at external events, conferences and groups
- Ensuring statutory accounts and returns are adhered to
- Production and presentation of monthly reporting packs
- Budget setting & monitoring
- Short, medium and long-term forecasting including strategic business planning
- Cashflow analysis
- Leading treasury strategy including liaising with lenders and ensuring compliance with regulators
- Financial planning including forecasting tools, option appraisals and reporting systems
- KPI setting, monitoring and reporting
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
Governance and Compliance
- To ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as organisational standards.
- Ensure all finance related risks are identified in the Board Assurance Framework, are on Blackwood’s Risk Map, regularly reviewed and that appropriate action is taken to remove or limit risks effectively.
- Ensure Blackwood’s financial management arrangements comply fully with legal, contractual, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Maintain treasury managements requirements including all covenants; compliance with all financial regulatory returns, and treasury planning
- Managing a team of 6 including appraisals and personal development planning
- Ensure the team capacity and capabilities are appropriate for management of the finance functions in a period of growth and change
- Responsible for all elements of team development and management
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years+ post qualification experience
- Proven track record of operating as part of a senior management team
- Experience of working within the Not for Profit sector - housing or care sector experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to engage and influence senior internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
For more information regarding this exceptional opportunity, please follow the link under apply.
Recruitment Partner, John Gilbertson is available to speak with for a confidential discussion. All applications and enquiries will be treated in strictest confidence.
Interviews are likely to be held the 1st and 2nd March.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to iMultiply
|Contact Name||John Gilbertson|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Communications Coordinator – Social MediaEdinburgh Zoo and The Highland Wildlife Park, edinburgh
- HOME-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR – Global ProviderSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
- Administrative Assistant (2 Posts)University of Glasgow, glasgow
- Education And Young People Support OfficerSee Me, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist