REAS - Director (12 Month FTC)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Closing date: 30 September 2016
The Director role within Real Estate Accounting Services (REAS) requires day to day management of a team providing corporate accounting services to a portfolio of investment clients, and working with the Senior Management team to ensure best practice is applied in all aspects of the team.
- Responsible for management and delivery of accounting services to agreed SLAs and KPIs on a daily basis within your service line
- Responsible for developing and maintaining regular engagement with clients both external and internal
- Overview of daily staff management within your team with the Associate Director
- Contribute to maintaining departments ISAE3402 control standard
- Drive the development of enhanced financial reporting for our existing clients and offer to new clients, continually looking to improve and add value
- Lead/support the delivery of strategic and tactical REAS projects
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting management reporting, statutory accounts CIS and VAT returns for a variety of clients (UK, Jersey, Luxembourg and Isle of Man based)
- Responsible to ensuring all cash transfers and loan payments are made within the desired timeframes
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients
- Managing annual audits to ensure timescales for sign off are met
- Driving our service offering promoting the Corporate team to new potential clients
- Managing the teams pipeline of work actively seeking new opportunities for growth
- Promoting department within CBRE’s network of specialisms seeking synergies and driving mutual contracts
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met both for yourself and others
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Confident and assertive where required
- Sociable and outgoing
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Flexible approach to travel arrangements to client or CBRE offices within the UK
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting
- Confident in presenting to others
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. CA or ACCA is essential with at least 7 years post qualified experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (word, Excel, MS Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of team and individual management required
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Extensive understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and reporting requirements
- An understanding of NRL tax and its application
- Preferably an understanding of overseas VAT transactions
- Experience in accounting for property investments desired
- Track record of completing and managing the delivery of SPV subsidiary and consolidated accounts.
- Track record presenting and creating networking opportunities
Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 17.00, although flexibility with hours may be required on occasion
|Contact Name||Chantal Labode|
|Telephone||0207 182 3914|
|Address||CBRE, Henrietta House, London W1G 0NB|
CBRE is the world's premier, full-service real estate services company. An industry leader in virtually all of the key global business centres, we apply insight, experience, intelligence and resources to help clients make informed business decisions.
As part of CBRE UK Asset Services, our Real Estate Accounting Services (REAS) team provide high-quality accounting services to around 5,000 UK properties that we manage on behalf of our clients.
Based in Glasgow, the team consists of 160 highly talented individuals who work closely with our property and facility managers, covering accounts receivable and payable, cash management, and property and corporate accounting.
At CBRE, we provide a dynamic working environment that actively develops and supports our people, both technically and professionally.
CBRE is the world's leading commercial real estate services firm, employing over 70,000 people globally, across 500 office and 60 countries. The Company's core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management and investment management.Company profile View all jobs with CBRE
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Social Care Assistant - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist