Finance Director (Interim)Vacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Our client is a professional services organisation, responsible for providing a consistent high quality service with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement. A critical member of the Executive Management team, the Finance Director is responsible for driving operational and financial performance within a complex setting.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Director is fully accountable for commercial delivery, spanning financial performance, procurement and audit, risk & governance. With three direct reports, this role encapsulates people leadership as well as a significant level of stakeholder engagement across a diverse and convoluted landscape.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership and management of the commercial team with accountability for financial planning, cash management and financial governance across the organisation
- Leading committee and board meetings, with specific responsibility for all commercial decisions/ agreements and the corresponding compliance and governance, deputising for the Chief Executive when required
- As a service provider, ensuring cost efficiency, viability of commercial proposals and performance enhancement in line with the corporate strategy and business plan
- Embedding an effective risk management framework, ensuring key controls are operational throughout the business
- The ability to navigate a complex stakeholder group, often with conflicting priorities
This challenging role is well suited to a self-motivated and resilient individual with exceptional technical skills, an analytical, commercial mind-set and a passion for excellence. Prior experience operating in a large organisation would be advantageous, coupled with the ability to work under pressure whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity.
To be successful in application, you must also be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate people to deliver a consistently high level of service
- A strong commercial aptitude, with an innovative approach to identifying and developing commercial opportunities
- A qualified accountant with strong financial skills, promoting high levels of financial governance and risk management at all times
- Experience in a client-facing capacity, comfortable negotiating at all levels with the ability to articulate complex arguments well
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Director looking for a unique opportunity to drive an organisation through a significant period of change. The initial period will be 9 months but may well extend to 12months+.
|Contact Name||Sara Harrison|
About Livingston James
Livingston James is an executive search and selection business that exists to match professional expertise to business need. We leave behind the generalist approach, instead taking the time to understand what your business needs to achieve success and using our industry knowledge and experience in order to get you there.
Founded in 2010, with the ideal blend of youth and experience, we provide bespoke recruitment solutions for listed, private, public and third sector organisations, as well as a range of career development services for senior business professionals.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Interim Financial Director NV Resourcing, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist