Financial Controller - Manufacturing - GlasgowVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 13773955/001
My client is seeking a qualified accountant with experience of running a finance function in a manufacturing/engineering environment to act as Financial Controller for the business. The role reports to the Managing Director, is part of the Senior Management team and requires the job holder to manage and control all work related to the Finance department.
An autonomous subsidiary of an American conglomerate, my client is a global leader and highly profitable business in the manufacturing field.
The Financial Controller will be required to lead the small finance function from the bottom up, be very hands-on and involve themselves in all aspects of the Finance & Administration. Duties will extend but not be restricted to the following:
- Maintenance of adequate accounting records in compliance with United Kingdom Accounting Standards and Applicable Law.
- Monthly reporting of the financial performance of the company to the Management Board.
- Provision of US GAAP financial statements to the US parent company, to strict deadlines.
- Preparation of the company's UK Statutory Accounts and liaison with the company auditors.
- Maintenance and development of internal control systems to ensure compliance with UK law and the US parent company's requirement.
- Maintenance of computerised payroll records and the provision of weekly and monthly payroll calculations.
- Provision of information and payments to HMRC in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administration of pensions and sickness schemes.
- Processing of Sales Orders.
- Control of goods dispatched to customers.
- Invoicing and equipment transit.
- Compilation of all required sales orders/shipment statistics.
- Work collaboratively with the wider business in particular the Engineering department.
Key experience and attributes sought:
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience leading a finance function in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a global environment ideally for an SME with a US parent.
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting and SOX compliance.
- Hands-on experience across the finance function.
- Ability to work with and drive non-finance personnel.
- Experience in exporting would be an advantage.
£55,000 to £65,000 base salary plus car and additional company benefits
|Contact Name||Allan Ferguson|
|Telephone||+44 141 331 7951|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist