Vacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Interim Systems Accountant - PeopleSoft Financial Software West Lothian £600 per day + Circa. Depending on Experience
Interim 6 Months Contract
My Client is a global, multi-national organisation based in West Lothian. They have an immediate requirement for an experienced Systems Accountant to support them for a 6 month period.
Candidates should have experience of working in a specific Systems Accountant position with experience of using PeopleSoft Financial Software.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate as directed in 'Finance Operating Model' and other 'Global Shared Service initiatives, including Blueprint implementation.
- Manage the tasks related to the day-to-day administration of the GL system for the European Shared Service Centre.
- Initial Tier 1 Support for GL production incidents and assists production support with resolutions
- Escalates issues as necessary to the GL Manager.
- Partners with Global IT, Finance Shared Service Centre's, and customers to expedite issues and resolve customer escalations.
- Co-ordinate and perform system, regression testing including 1st level UAT for change requests/PMP changes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot automated processes and interfaces, making full use of other Super Users.
- Analyse and approve table maintenance account requests.
- Create and maintain public queries for module.
- Ensure process documentation is continually updated.
- Partner with other cross-functional points of contact (i.e. Super Users, Process Managers) to identify improvements as they relate to business process re-engineering, system enhancements and upgrades, and business unit integrations.
- Maintain a detail understanding of global process and assist in the development of maintaining consistency throughout the Organisation.
- Develop and maintains training documents and materials.
- Provide user training of the GL system and processes for all levels of staff and Management.
- Provide Support to GL Process Manager in reconciliation of GL sub-ledgers and systems with GL's
- Daily Monitor and action the Service Now GL Tickets (Chartfields/HFM Mappings).
- Perform Year-end accounting duties.
Candidates must have the following background and skills to be considered for this position:
- Extensive knowledge of large financial systems/PeopleSoft including systems implementation, upgrade and General Ledger & VAT , Asset Register sub modules.
- Detailed knowledge ofPeopleSoftFinancials, including:
- PeopleSoft Module and Query writing
- PeopleSoft User's Conference / Regional PeopleSoft User's Groups
- Shared services experience.
- Candidates may be required to travel.
- Strong systems and project management skills.
- Senior level functional knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
Job Reference: LH/22374
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist