Personal Tax ManagerVacancy posted: Monday, 6 February 2017
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits DOE
Closing date: 28 February 2017
Personal Tax Manager required for the Tax department of this highly reputable mid-tier firm of Chartered Accountants in Aberdeen.
This is a developing team which reflects the growing requirement to provide a high quality tax compliance and advisory service to clients. The portfolio consists of self employed individuals, company directors, partnerships and HNWI's. Within the Personal Tax department you will be working on the completion of Tax Returns, Capital Taxes planning, Residence and Domicile planning and Employment tax planning.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Handling a varied portfolio of clients including HNWI's, businesses, trusts etc
- Monitoring budgets and discussing with senior staff
- Provide advice on technical issues as required
- Liaising with colleagues across the firm to provide a co-ordinated service to clients
- Supervising, reviewing and assisting junior members in managing their own portfolio of clients, staff management
- Coaching and developing junior members of team
- Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
- Completion of tax returns and tax planning
- Undertaking advisory work and assisting senior members of the team with ad hoc technical matters
- Prepare fees and budget proposals for potential new clients
- Identifying business development opportunities
- Good knowledge of income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, national insurance contributions, trusts and partnership taxation
- Experience in reviewing personal tax returns
- Increasing involvement in tax planning projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Motivated and committed to developing technical, commercial and client relationship skills
- Effective time management
- Work well under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of CCH Personal Tax would be helpful but not essential
This role will suit ambitious candidates who are looking to take that next step in their career. CTA qualification would be desired however the position is open to ATT qualified with a strong track record.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 + benefit package DOE. For further information please contact Lesley Drew
|Contact Name||Lesley Drew|
3 Finch Way
Strathclyde Business Park
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career and correspondingly a successful business needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical.
LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you.
We want to be different. Inspirationally different.
Established in 2011, Lusona Consultancy has become one of Scotland's fastest growing recruitment companies. We recruit in the professional space, incorporating permanent, temporary and fixed term assignments. Our team operates across offices in Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Edinburgh, and covers every Scottish location. Our specialisms are Accountancy & Finance, Audit & Risk, Financial Services, HR, Legal, Professional Support, Tax, Technology & Data, Technical & Engineering and Executive Search.Company profile View all jobs with Lusona
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Document ControllerAberdeen Appointments Agency, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist